Many firms have relied on Voler to develop products that incorporated one or more wireless interfaces: USB, GPRS, GSM, CDMA, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS, and RFID. Voler offers a full range of engineering services including designing, testing and managing the transfer to manufacturing.
Rely on Voler for Choices in Wireless Design
We have used a variety of RF devices for high volume commercial and low volume industrial products. These devices have transmitted sensor data from wireless devices while conserving battery life, and they have transmitted high bandwidth data from vehicle mounted devices. Our design engineers have specified, tested and implemented various technologies such as
- WiFi (802.11)
- GPS tracking
- GPRS and GSM modems
The high cost and inconvenience of installing wires has always made wireless technology attractive. Recently the cost has dropped to the point where it is being widely adopted. There are now many competing standards, each with its own advantages and disadvantages in battery power consumption, transmission distance, and applicability to different uses.
- Wireless USB provides the same universal compatibility of USB, but without the wires.
- GPRS, GSM, and CDMA are standards for digital communication over cell phone networks.
- Zigbee is designed for medium to short distance communication between sensors at medium to slow speeds.
- Bluetooth is a short distance communication protocol for wireless communication between consumer products without wires.
- Wifi is used for networks over short and medium distances.
- GPS provides position information worldwide from a system of satellites.
- RFID is a low cost passive identification system, which uses no batteries.
Which wireless standard makes sense for your application?
See our Guide to Wireless Technology Standards